Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Homeschool Adventure Begins



Getting the fine print out of the way.

We're the Sawyers. I'm Jen, wife to Nate and mama to:

James (3)


Laura (1)




My husband and I have decided to homeschool our children. I've created this blog for a few reasons; as a means to share and archive our homeschool adventures- the successful and the less than moments, as a platform to assist me in my efforts to identify the various educational ideologies that work for us, and as a place to find other people who help, inspire, challenge me.

You may be thinking, 'Wait. James is only three. He doesn't need to be homeschooled. What are they doing?'

True. James is only three, Laura one. We are not doing any extensive curricula nor do we plan on doing so anytime in the near future. I have chosen to call what we are doing 'homeschooling' so that when the time comes that my kids shift into the more extensive stuff, it is a gradual, more natural change. Not just for them, but also for me. I am a creature of habit and I do not see myself having the capability to begin 1st grade without some practice. Starting now will give me the ability to iron out as many of the wrinkles that may arise as possible.

So, with all that being said....let the fun begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment